February 2, 2009

The Boys Of Summer Are Coming

It's time to Get Wet with our LF Tracy. Let's get in there and get some.

1. What is your favorite song to dance to at a wedding reception?

Depends, if I go stag it would be a slow song so I can pick off the slow buffalo, otherwise it would be DJ Kool, “Let me clear my throat” (I think I have a cool dance to that song, much better than Nick Arnolds fembot “Like a prayer” rendition.)

(Author's commentary: I have seen this dance in person. If you think a bunch of preppy white kids walking up and down a dance line throwing their arms around like they have palsy, then fine, it’s a “cool” dance.)

2. Jumping out of a plane with no parachute, starting yourself on fire, or being eaten by a shark. Which one and why?

Wow... they all sound painful and life ending… I guess eaten by a shark, maybe I would have a slight chance of living in the belly of the beast like Pinocchio.

(Love the line of reasoning but…WRONG! If a BAMF like Samuel L. Jackson can’t survive a shark attack, there is no way in hell you can.)

3. What is your greatest BT moment?

I had a sweet catch in left field at the Coralville diamonds… I think I closed a half mile gap to catch that one…

(Not exactly as I recall it but it was a sweet play)

4. Have you been told you look like the love child of Tom Cruise and David Hasslehoff?

No, but I take that as a compliment.

(Really? Never? BTW - It is obviously a compliment.)

5. Name two things you consider yourself to be very bad at besides slow-pitch softball and life.

Racquetball and staying sober at an Iowa tailgate

(If it were possible to agree more, I would.)

6. What is the reasoning for wearing khakis to games?

They’re not khakis, they are the required uniform… plus I look cool.

(You’re right, most guys in khakis look awesome when playing sports. By awesome I, of course, mean a little bit douchey)

7. Which one of the current or former Tigers is your favorite?

My favorite is probably Global or this one guy who doesn’t play anymore… He played first base and he never caught the ball, it was hilarious. (It was like watching Americas Funniest home video in left field, very funny) Global is serious/third grade/dry humor/sandbagger. You never know what you’re gonna get.

(You may never know what you are going to get but I always assume I’m going to get into a lathered up argument with the other team or worse, a full-blown dogfight. Never underestimate your opponent or Global’s ability to piss them off.)

8. When was the first time you realized you had reached stardom with the BT’s?

I haven’t, I need more bp.

(I appreciate the modesty but we are the Tigers and everyone knows that Van is the only guy on the team that is allowed to show class in this manner. The rest of us are required to blow hard about how fricking excellent we are, therefore you get a fail on this response.)

9. Alligator F-House, Blumpkin, or Cleveland Steamer. Which is your favorite and why?

I only know one of the three, which surprises me… So I guess the Cleveland Steamer, which takes some balls.

(More important then commenting on Tracy's reply. I wonder how many of our readers will be burning up Google researching these bad boys. Please report how they work out for you in our response section.)

10. If you could choose, how would you want to die?

Ugh, wow Debbie Downer… I guess in an epic battle with Chuck Norris. Kinda like Peter Griffin’s battle with the Chicken.

(This is a solid response and made me watch nine hours of Family Guy on Hulu. Thanks for wasting my day.)

This video is dedicated in honor of Tracy.

Live once, get wet, then die.


Don Henley - The Boys Of Summer [ MTV.video.clip] @ Yahoo! Video

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
html hit counte code download
Click for free url submission service.